- Strong knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of COSO required.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Experience with Oracle Financials preferred.
- Strong PC skills, including using Microsoft Office products and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of the SOX Act and compliance requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Eight to fifteen years’ experience of internal and/or external auditing.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Oilfield services or energy industry experience a plus.
- Holds or can qualify for a US Passport.
- IT audit experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generally accepted accounting rules, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current CPA license required.
- Other professional certifications a plus (e.g. CIA, CFE, CISA) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a description of the environment in which the work is performed as well as such ideas as need for overtime, travel, working with hazardous materials