OSUF TRUE NORTH:
We raise, invest and distribute philanthropic support for OSU.
OSUF PRODUCT SCOPE:
We provide private support to enhance the University’s ability to fulfill its land-grant mission.
Raise private philanthropic support for Oklahoma State University.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and Team Lead, the individual in this position will solicit private support from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations for Oklahoma State University, and will coordinate these initiatives with other OSU Foundation fundraising activities.
The Director of Development supports the core business of securing and stewarding private gifts for OSU by expanding major and planned gift work throughout the organization.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
Major Gift Fundraising
- Responsible for independently performing identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects with an emphasis on prospects capable of giving in the $25,000+ range.
- Facilitate relationships between potential and current donors and the OSU Foundation Development team on behalf of Oklahoma State University, and actively engage faculty and administrators in fundraising opportunities.
- Maintain an active schedule of contacts, solicitations and stewardship activities for a body of key prospects, including corporations, foundations, and individual prospects
- Conduct a minimum of 140-160 personal visits with donors, prospective donors, and their advisors to solicit planned gifts and major gifts, manage a portfolio of 150-160* active donors and prospects, and travel locally, regionally, and nationally as appropriate for donor management. *actual portfolio sizes may vary by unit.
- Report and track fundraising progress through the use of contact reports, prospect management and other communication tools to ensure efficient and effective communication.
- Successfully solicits 18-24 major gifts annually.
Guide & Advance Funding Priorities
- Provide strategic direction for assigned fundraising priorities and programs and plan strategies for priority prospects with appropriate supervision.
- Sustain annual fundraising production with goals established annually.
- Perform and evaluate fundraising tasks and/or projects with appropriate supervision.
Donor Engagement and Stewardship
- Develop and engage volunteers, donors and colleagues in productive long term relationships.
- Partner with colleagues in donor relations, corporate and foundation relations, annual giving, planned giving and regional programs to engage constituency base in each area.
- Develop and execute engagement and stewardship plans for specific assigned prospects.
- Provide volunteer leadership and management as directed.
Other duties as assigned