KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army in their search for a Major Gifts Officer (aka: Donor Relations Director) in their New Jersey division. The Army seeks a compassionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professional with a minimum of three years’ experience in a highly productive and progressive development and communications program within the nonprofit sector in the role of. Preference is given to those who have served in a faith-based organization, and possess a strong working knowledge of the local philanthropic community.
It is imperative that the person who assumes this important role fully embrace, support and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior at all times. The MGO/DRD will be creative, energetic and determined, with a talent for identifying and developing opportunities for donors and The Salvation Army to come together.
The Salvation Army offers a competitive salary and solid benefit package. The MGO/DRD position finalist will be required to submit full background and reference checks.
In compliance with US Government regulations, The Salvation Army affirms that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as, its services, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills, demonstrating an emotional intelligence and situational awareness, in tandem with, excellent writing abilities and strong case development and sales pitch skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers and wealthy donors, as well as, internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Prowess in problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, plus, taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
- Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as, fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required. Ability to work remotely (on the road, from home and/or at various Army locations). It is anticipated that 80% of the donors are local to the position, but some travel related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment without extensive administrative support and exceptional organizational abilities with fluency in managing multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace.
- Driven to make a difference, goal-oriented with a proven ability to achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and hands-on experience with donor management software and savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports (with adherence to the Army’s database protocols).
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pbf7e2r.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant of KEES, in counsel with Heather Eddy, President & CEO. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.