Sr. Advancement Director for Planned Giving
- Direct and manage UMSL's planned giving program through active identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of planned prospects and donors.
- Assist UMSL administrators and other Advancement staff in soliciting and creating planned gifts for alumni, friends and constituents.
- Identify planned giving prospects through collection and review of prospect data, analysis of lists and reports, self-identification through collateral materials, special events and activities, prospect “cold calling”, etc.
- Actively cultivate and solicit prospects and donors, through face-to-face contacts, telephone contacts, correspondence and other contacts.
- Work with alumni and friends to develop various planned gifts to benefit UMSL, including bequests, life insurance, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, retirement accounts, real estate, gifts of securities, and other tax-advantaged gift methods.
- Work with planned giving prospects and their advisors to develop detailed and individualized proposals and illustrations to encourage current and future tax-advantaged gifts to benefit UMSL.
- Provide on-going stewardship, acknowledgement and recognition of planned giving donors to solidify their planned gifts and to encourage additional current and future giving.
- Manage documentation of planned gift provisions and estate gift administration to ensure proper acknowledgment, recognition and follow-up for all planned giving donors.
- Create, implement and secure proper documents for various planned gifts, such as charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, endowed scholarships. This may include documents such as applications, disclosure statements, gift agreements, and board papers.
- Manage the 1963 Society membership, including all activities, benefits, communications, events, recognition, listings, and marketing materials.
- Coordinate with Advancement Services in the maintenance and accuracy of planned giving donor records within Advancement database, file records or other records systems.
- Create and implement targeted direct mail and other planned giving prospect promotion materials, including brochures, newsletters, for academic units and/or campus-wide solicitations.
- Build, promote, and maintain gift planning web resources to assist donors, prospects, and professional advisors.
- Promote planned giving program and benefits to attorneys, CPAs and other allied professionals to encourage client considerations for planned gifts.
- Provide internal training and education to advancement staff, alumni and other faculty and staff to help identify planned giving prospects and to ensure the creation of planned gifts among their constituents.
- Serve as liaison and work directly with UMSL Advancement Services and UM System Offices of the Treasurer and Legal Counsel to develop planned gifts and process documentation with in System guidelines.
- Write correspondence, case statements and gift proposals.
- Attends meetings and special events, including donor recognition banquets.
- Host or coordinate periodic seminars designed to provide information regarding planned gifts to relevant stakeholders associated with the University community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of edcuation and experience and at least 10 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Professional experience working with high net worth individuals and their advisors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, superb organizational abilities, and polished interpersonal skills
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence with assigned group of prospects, yet transact collaboratively in centralized framework of fundraisers, participating and contributing to total team effort
- High motivation and inclination to work in an intensely goal-oriented environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Supervisory and leadership experience of professional and support staff is necessary
- Must be able to work with a diverse array of personnel under pressure and within deadlines
Preferred Qualifications - Master's Degree is preferred
Minimum Salary - $100,000 Annually
Application Deadline - May 2, 2017
Application Instructions: Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: