Purpose and Description
Under the supervision of the Director, Donor Relations, the Development Associate works with the External Affairs team in supporting philanthropic engagement and strategic partnerships with the organization. The Development Associate is responsible for supporting development initiatives including individual giving, corporate relations, and special events. Primary responsibilities include: Meridian Global Leadership Council and Corporate Council prospect management, solicitation, stewardship and event support; database and financial management; and other special projects as needed.
The Development Associate will have an understanding of international affairs, diplomacy, and the funding community.
- Manage Council memberships including: using Salesforce to track, monitor and evaluate Council activities and contributions. Manage renewal dates and member engagement.
- Provide administrative support to secure and steward donors including creating invoices, tracking pledge payment status, monitoring acknowledgement and receipts, and any donor requested reporting
- Liaise with Meridian programs to identify opportunities for council members’ engagement in Meridian programming: to attend events, provide expertise, and/or serve as a Meridian ambassador
- Support all development-led programs and events in coordination with External Affairs team: create invitations, track RSVPs, staff events, etc.
- Create and maintain development lists in Salesforce database for prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship activities
- Conduct prospect research
- Create and implement a donor communications plan and coordinate donor outreach; ensure ongoing communications with prospects and members, using individualized correspondence, newsletters, event invitations, website, Meridian programs and marketing collateral, in coordination with the Communications team.
- Support VP, Development on new initiatives including capital campaign planning and other partnership opportunities
- Conduct online and mail appeal campaigns
- Manage updates and content for development pieces of meridian.org website.
- Work with special events team to successfully implement the annual Meridian Ball and other stakeholder events
- Ensure an exceptional donor experience including regular and appropriate event engagement, fulfillment of donor benefits, identifying donor experiences of personal interest, timely gift recognition, and high quality correspondence
- Work with Communications team to develop strategies for development presence in cross-organization communications and marketing
- Work with VP, Development on building Planned Giving program
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications in Salesforce database
- Prepare regular reports on development progress and metrics
- Monitor budget
- Other support as directed by the VP, Development and Executive leadership
Other duties and special projects as assigned
This position is classified FLSA exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “Development Associate” only and a cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.