Please apply through:
Position Title: Director, Business Development, UNITE Campaign
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
Special Olympics International (SOI) Corporate Partnerships team seeks to form mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with corporations that can offer reach and revenue to support the Special Olympics brand and its organizational priorities. The Corporate Partnerships Team is comprised of a Business Development (BD) and Account Management divisions. Based on the BD team, the Director position will specifically focus on securing funds to offset the financial goals of the organization’s capital-style campaign.
Working in collaboration with the VP of BD, this role will be responsible for managing major strategies and activities for corporate donor cultivation and solicitations directly associated with the campaign’s fundraising objective.
- Together with the VP and BD team, design and execute an annual development strategy to annually secure and generate $3-5MM toward the campaign’s goal;
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with potential donors and companies to build out a robust long-term new business pipeline;
- Ability to work independently - capable of working on individual assignments for periods of time and making presentations/direct solicitations on behalf of SOI;
- Prepare grants, statements of work, presentations/proposals and other requests to solicit financial support along with budget relieving in-kind donations;
- Devise concepts and work cross-functionally to develop innovative, customized activations for prospective partners to align a company’s key business objectives with SOI’s campaign;
- Collaborate with functional programmatic leads and SOI & state-based chapter executives on key prospects and develop cultivation strategies;
- Develop, monitor and forecast new partnerships and ensure all leads/contacts/status are documented in donor management system while providing weekly updates on progress against targets;
- Significant travel to be expected (50-75%);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7-9 years of progressively responsible experience in growing fundraising programs and results, especially in corporate sponsorships, gifts and grants.
- Ability to negotiate complex and diverse giving structures/programs and facilitate meaningful donor relationships and effective donation placement;
- Deep, broad knowledge of fundraising strategies, capital campaigns and nonprofit interventions.
- Strong ability to positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising and partnership initiatives. High energy and passion for SOI’s mission is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to identify donors and cultivate relationships leading to substantial commitments with an exceptional ability to close deals.
- Experience working with a variety of corporate-based divisions including, but not limited to foundations, marketing, CSR and sponsorship divisions.
- Demonstrated success driving revenue growth in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Preferred experience with corporate social responsibility and/or corporate philanthropic programs.
- An established network of corporate leaders and influencers to begin sharing campaign concepts for consideration and/or introductions to target prospects.
- Working knowledge and background of federated non-profit organizational structures.
- Fluency with Salesforce and all Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Note: Position is expected to be funded through 2019 but is contingent on continued campaign funding.
Special Olympics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are welcomed and encouraged.
Employment with Special Olympics is ‘at-will.’