- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification
- Minimum of two years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communications skills
- Professional demeanor and high standard of ethics and integrity pertaining to collegiate athletics
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams, coaches, sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff
- Basic technology skills, including computer-based software, and mobile device applications
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field
- Demonstrated experience training elite collegiate level student-athletes
- Experience working simultaneously with a wide range of sports
- Demonstrated experience collecting, tracking, and utilizing athlete data to enhance sports performance programs
- Additional relevant certifications (e.g. USAW, FMS, etc)
- Write and implement sports performance programs for Olympic Sports student athletes and teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance,
- Assist in scheduling team training activities and monitoring the Scott Family Athletics Performance Facility,
- Drafting and implementing physical development and flexibility programs to enhance strength, speed, cardiovascular endurance and sports specific skills
- Assisting with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes.
- All duties must be performed in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants please send cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com. Please put "Assistant Sports Performance Coach, Olympic Sports" in the subject line.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Duke Athletics has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.