New Jersey Resources is seeking a Lead Auditor to perform audits and reviews of varying complexity within Financial, Operations and Information Systems as defined by audit management. Assist in determining whether organizational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial and control activities within compliance of management guidelines, applicable laws, policies and procedures and in a manner consistent with both company objectives and sound standards of administrative practice.
All audits are conducted in conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics as promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of established operations and programs in achieving stated objectives of management
• Assemble system and program information used in determining areas of audit emphasis and method of audit approach
• Utilize an automated workpaper software application to complete assigned audits within the boundaries of the time budgeted and in compliance with Internal Audit policies and procedures.
• Formulate and recommend implementation or revision of company policies and procedures to improve operations and strengthen internal control when warranted by audit results
• Recommend operating and financial efficiencies and economies when opportunities are identified
• Assist management and business owners in achieving goals through participation in company projects, teams and other company or department initiatives
• Evaluate the effectiveness of administrative, accounting, operational and information systems internal controls; verify the reliability of accounting and reporting systems
• Assess compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, utilizing internal control evaluation guidelines as defined in the COSO Integrated Internal Control Framework
• Appraise the level of compliance with established policies and procedures
• Prepare reports, schedules and summaries to support audit work and observations; recommend remedial actions
• Prepare draft audit reports, present to Internal Audit management for review and approval; recommend improvements in internal controls, financial, operating and information systems procedures
• Develop new and revised audit programs which address significant activities and operations
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.