About the Position:
The Program Assistant supports the administrative management of education programs for APhA’s Education Department, as assigned
The Primary Responsibilities Are:
Assists and supports APhA Director, Educational Activities and APhA Director of Federal Pharmacy Programs with the planning and implementation of the annual Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar (JFPS), the APhA Federal Pharmacy Forum, and the APhA Institute on Alcohol and Drug Dependencies (AIADD) education programs.
- Coordinate education and planning committee meetings; take minutes
- Administrative support for contributed posters – submission of abstracts, communication with authors and reviewers
- Assist with speaker management including communication/follow-up to ensure that all materials have been received
- Database management and reporting, e.g., registration, AMS, speaker database, etc.
- Coordinate presentation reviewers, moderators
Assists with other assigned program support activities in the Education Department, including but not limited to
- APhA Annual Meeting Education Sessions and activities, including speaker management, logistical arrangements, and on-site support
- Access programs, including speaker management and correspondence
- General administrative duties, including word processing, emails, filing, organizing
- Create badges, tent cards, information packets, copy documents
- Assist with attendee check-in