- Research: Identify, evaluate, and recommend current and potential major gift prospects and assess their ability to financially support American International College. Provide research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional, and financial information about donors and prospects.
- Prepare written profiles, rating memos, event bios, and qualified lists to support the cultivation of individuals. Perform quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data in order to qualify prospects. Track prospects and donors through monitoring daily news, online ""alerts,"" and internal information. Use technology to track donors and provide pertinent information to the appropriate relationship manager. Identify donor associates and acquaintances through relationship mapping to facilitate institutional involvement.
- Establish & Implement Policies and Procedures: Coordinate all research functions for Major Gifts, including creating and implementing procedures, managing research policies and procedures manual, maintaining research request database, coordinating proactive research, and making the research process increasingly effective by meeting user needs. Enhance the understanding of research by staff through effective communication and training. Represent the Institutional Advancement team at meetings and communicate research techniques and procedures
- Work with Institutional Advancement team to organize and coordinate donor strategy meetings. Collaborate with senior leadership, faculty, and other staff to develop cultivation and solicitation strategies and facilitate moves management. Identify new donors through proactive research and present findings at strategy meetings. Make recommendations about potential major donors.
- Research Resources & Budget: Track and manage the research portion of the budget for Campaign and Leadership Gifts. Manage and coordinate the evaluation, purchase, budget and renewal of research resources, publications and services. Represent research team in the evaluation, recommendation and selection of future electronic screening vendors.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.