Annual Fund Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Supervises: Gift processing staff
Location: Mountain View, CA
The SETI Institute is adding the position of Annual Fund Manager to our friendly, collaborative and hardworking Development team. The Annual Fund Manager will be strategically driven, able to work independently, and will lead the effort of raising donations from a large pool of donors under $1,000.
Working collaboratively with the Director of Development, the Annual Fund manager will focus on fulfilling the Development goals of the Institute including growing the Annual Fund. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven fundraiser with the ability to lead the creation of inspiring campaigns.
- Lead and set fundraising strategy and creative direction for all parts of the Direct Response program in collaboration with the Director of Development, and direct response vendor.
- Responsible for the execution of all Direct Response fundraising activities, including digital campaigns, direct mail, crowdfunding, and other tactics; manages vendor relationship with direct response consultant.
- Manage 4 annual cornerstone campaigns and additional direct response solicitations as opportunities arise.
- Develop and implement donor retention, upgrade and cultivation strategies in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Manage workplace giving and matching gifts programs.
- Grow monthly giving program and develop new stewardship and communication strategies.
- Analyze direct response data, test different strategies, versions, and packages.
- Develop and execute acquisition strategies.
- Work with Director of Communications and Webmaster to promote all direct response campaigns with Institute’s communications assets.
Donor Services, Acknowledgement and Retention
- Manage the Gift Processing staff, and provide oversight for gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Ensure that all gifts are recorded accurately and donors receive timely acknowledgements.
- Develop and manage donor retention strategies and grow the donor retention program.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff on use of software (currently Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- Manage all data requests for Annual Fund and Major Gifts communications; review mailing lists, recognition lists and financial reports for accuracy.
- Produce analytics and data reports to track campaign performance.
- Manage online giving performance analytics.
- Support the Director of Development in developing and maintaining an annual revenue and expense budget, implementing new fundraising strategies, and creating a strategic work plan for the Annual Fund each year.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years Annual Fund/fundraising experience are required.
- Experience managing full-time, fund raising support staff.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to craft creative, mission-driven copy that motivates donors to give.
- Must perform in a rapidly changing environment and be able to adapt quickly to change tactics as necessary to improve revenue results.
- Must possess strong project management and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and able to complete complex projects accurately with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software system, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of current nonprofit fundraising best practices highly desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships across the board are critical in this role.
Salary/Benefits: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.