Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role, with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Prowess in problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
- Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required. Area residence is important.
- Ability to work remotely – on the road, from home and/or at various Army locations. It is anticipated that 80% of the donors are local to a position or within a 50-mile radius, but some travel related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
- Drive to make a difference, goal-oriented with a proven ability to achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, hands-on experience with donor management software, and savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports, with adherence to the Army’s database protocols.
To apply, candidates should complete the online application for the major gifts position desired at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Sue Bultman, KEES Consultant, in counsel with Heather Eddy, President and CEO of KEES. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army’s Central Territory is comprised of 10 Divisions and serves communities in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota, The Central Territorial Headquarters (THQ) is situated in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago.