Senior Development Associate
The NYC Leadership Academy (NYCLA) is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear vision: to support greater academic success for students across the nation – especially the most vulnerable – through high-quality school leadership. We are firmly committed to preparing and supporting educational leaders so they can catalyze and sustain effective change across their organizations and educate students effectively. We do this by building the capacity of education systems across the country to develop and support their own leaders and bringing a standards-based and social justice-rooted approach to leadership development. Since 2003, more than 40 school districts, state departments of education, universities, and nonprofits in 28 states have collaborated with NYCLA to prepare and support leaders who can transform schools and ensure all students have access to effective instruction and are nurtured socially, emotionally and academically.
The Senior Associate, Fund Development, is responsible for developing and maintaining funding streams, managing corporate partnerships, donor communications, supporting fund development efforts; including grant proposals and reports as well as acts as a liaison to funders, clients, and staff on communication and fund development projects.
- Assists the AVP in making strategic decisions for the Fund Development Department
- Oversees the development of a donor portfolio structure, manages donor pipelines and donor database systems. Actively cultivates and develops a portfolio of prospective donors
- Ensures effective communication, consistent messaging, and shared program goals and objectives with other departments and NYCLA leadership
- Assists with development and execution of foundation grants and reports. Maintains funder reporting calendar
- Researches writes and copy-edits foundation and corporate letters of inquiry, briefings and associated documents as directed by the AVP.
- Produces presentations, thoughtful meeting briefs, and follow-up responses, acknowledgment letters, and spearheads general departmental internal and external communication.
- Organizes events, donor meetings and coordinates prospect research
- Leads and/or supports special projects and administrative funcitons as needed
- Represents department pro-actively and positively in all interactions whether with the AVP or in the absence of the AVP.