About the Fiver Children’s Foundation
Founded in 1998, the Fiver Children's Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout the New York area. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
With a budget just over $2 million (and growing!), Fiver is seeking a dynamic Director of Development to oversee a robust and thoughtful fundraising strategy.
Development Director – Position Overview
Fiver is seeking a Development Director who deeply believes in creating a level playing field for youth from oppressed communities. The director will create and implement fundraising strategies that increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources. The director will oversee our annual gala and will have an opportunity to build new and innovative revenue streams.
This position is part of Fiver’s senior leadership team, reports directly to the Executive Director, and supervises a Development and Marketing Manager and a consultant grant writer. The director will interact regularly with program participants in our midtown Manhattan office and on occasional visits to our camp in central New York during the summer.
- Develop and execute the organization’s overall fundraising strategy
- Manage development efforts in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals
Institutional Donor Management
- Manage and grow relationships with institutional funders
- Oversee grant writing team to ensure high quality proposals and reports are submitted in a timely fashion
Board and Volunteer Engagement
- Collaborate with Board of Directors, particularly the Development Committee, in developing fundraising strategy, identifying clear individual fundraising targets and providing necessary support to achieve them
- Manage, cultivate, and grow the highly active Young Professional’s Committee and Fiver Advocates (mid-career professional volunteer group)
Event Planning and Management
- Design, coordinate and execute a major gala and an annual Ladies Luncheon event
- Develop and coordinate donor cultivation events, raffles and other events
Donor Communications and Data Management
- Implement and maintain the donor management system (Raiser’s Edge)
- Oversee development of communication plans and marketing materials
- Ensure that all donors are appropriately thanked and receive regular communication by making donor stewardship a priority throughout the organization
- Supervise, motivate and cultivate leadership in Development and Marketing Manager, consultant grant writer and potentially a development intern
- Grow the capacity of the team by recruiting volunteers, interns and pro bono support
- Partner closely with our program staff to understand our Fiver community and to effectively share our story with potential and current supporters
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.