The Financial Reporting, Senior will manage complex financial reporting projects related to SEC and standalone reporting. The position requires strong attention to detail, advanced problem solving skills, understanding of GAAP, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills.
This position will be responsible for key reporting activities supporting monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for both internal and external purposes. This position requires significant interaction with a vast array of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Financial Reporting – preparation of various monthly financial reporting packages (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, members’ equity, and debt covenant calculations).
2. Regulatory Reporting – preparation of various industry regulatory financial reports and other financial reports as needed to satisfy state and licensing requirements.
3. SEC Reporting – preparation of various footnotes and supporting schedules that will be reviewed or audited and included in SEC financial reporting Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
4. Other – respond to various ad hoc requests.
5. Customer Service – provide prompt, courteous and professional customer service to internal and external users of financial reporting information.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
Integrity & Trust: direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; recognizes improvement opportunities; takes ownership of work papers.
Accuracy & Completeness: prepares all work papers with concern for all details and the highest standards of quality
Understanding of GAAP principles: Understands and is able to apply GAAP principles to preparation of financial footnotes and financial statements.
Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; pursues assigned tasks to completion.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in processes and reporting; establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships with customers and co-workers to gains their trust and respect.
Written Communications: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
Flexibility: Able to work overtime as required, including weekends to meet business needs.