| This position is a part time position to work under 1,000 hours per year. The position is responsible to establish, recruit for, organize and run a highly competitive women’s golf program, recognized nationally both athletically and academically, consistent with the student-athlete philosophy of Division III, which generates College and community enthusiasm and support. |
1. Develop, recruit, and administer a highly competitive women’s golf program, consistent with the student-athlete philosophy of Division III, which generates College and community enthusiasm and support. Oversee all administrative and coaching activities within the program.
2. Coordinate recruiting efforts of the women’s golf program with those of the admission office; maintain a competitive program through recruiting efforts and strategies. Develop a successful team recruiting strategy; visit high schools to meet with recruits; call, e-mail, and write prospects and coaches; record recruiting action. Maintain active communication with the admission staff through phone, in-person and electronic means (e-mail and datatel). Organize and participate in all on-campus recruiting activities including admissions recruiting days, official campus visits, and overnight visits.
3. Schedule all home and away competitions and set appropriate practice days and times for women’s golf.
4. Assist the athletic director in the hiring of any part-time assistant women’s golf coach (es). Act as immediate supervisor for any part-time coach (es), student- workers, and volunteer coaches. Help to create job descriptions; train, assign and evaluate their work on a regular basis.
5. Develop a retention program for the women’s golf program in conjunction with the dean of admission, the dean of students and the director of student success. Develop individual and team academic and community strengths.
6. Develop and implement an on-going fund-raising plan in collaboration with director of alumni and development as well as the vice president for institutional advancement.
7. Operate a fiscally sound program with an annually balanced budget. Review all budget activities and expenditures on a regular basis. Submit purchase order requests in an appropriate and timely fashion.
8. Actively encourage leadership and scholarship among student-athletes. Monitor the academic progress of all the athletes on the teams, in connection with the director of student success, assistant athletic director, and the athletic director. Adhere to all compliance and eligibility rules and regulations. Participate in the department’s leadership and scholarship programs.
9. Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
Interested candidates please apply on line at: https://northcentralcollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/3542