Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required (extensive) for the qualifications listed below. For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and additional references may be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively more complex administrative and managerial experience within an NCAA Division I Athletics program.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and ability to:
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of constituents, including students, coaches, Athletics executive team, Athletics staff, parents, institutional staff, NCAA and conference personnel, supporters, media personnel, Faculty Athletics Representatives, Presidential Committee on Athletics, and others
- Hire, manage and organize personnel (coaches and/or administrative staff) to achieve an efficient work environment
- Form and lead a team to success, including set strategic goals, monitor progress, evaluate performance and follow-up to achieve specific objectives
- Develop and maintain campus/community partnerships and relationships
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Effectively resolve service challenges
- Demonstrated experience and expertise to work effectively with an Athletic Conference on national intercollegiate athletics issues.
- Implement effective strategies for promoting a diverse environment and effectively working with diverse constituent groups
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, inclusion, diversity, gender equity, student well-being, and knowledge of NCAA, Title IX and Title VII compliance; and
- A working proficiency in general office software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365, and online database systems.
- Management experience at a high profile NCAA Division I institution
- Extensive knowledge and experience in some combination of the following critical intercollegiate athletics functional areas:
- Sports administration; experience with high-profile sports highly preferred
- Sport and Championship event management
- Student-athlete sports performance and health services
- Facilities and grounds management
- Human resources
- Business and finance operations
- Information Technology
- Demonstrated hands-on, collegial and collaborative leadership style that is effective throughout all levels of the organization.
- Preferences will be given to candidates who can most effectively meet the operational needs of the Iowa Athletics Department.
Terms of Employment: This is a 100% time, regular position with full University of Iowa benefits. Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70967. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.