TITLE DIRECTOR DONOR SERVICES
REPORTS TO CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER/VP
STATUS FULL TIME
The Director of Donor Services provides oversight, direction and management of all aspects of the BGCMP’s database (Raiser’s Edge) and its integration with the Network, assuring high standards of quality, consistency and accuracy of development-related information, including biographical maintenance, data extraction and reporting, prospect research and donor stewardship. This position serves as the primary liaison with Finance, Accounting and IT departments and works directly with them to streamline processes and ensure collaboration of data and information. This position is responsible for supervising one other staff. This position will provide support and training to all appropriate staff on Raiser’s Edge usage and best practices and procedures to enhance consistency. This position provides guidance for fundraising programs including but not limited to direct response, web-based giving, and donor acknowledgement. In addition, this position provides oversight and support for the recording of all cash and non-cash donations, fund designations for gifts and end of month financial reports.
Statistical Data and Reports
- Provides statistical reports, analyses, and recommendations that benefit the BGCMP and BGCMP Foundation
- Implement the use of Raisers Edge (RE) to support prospect moves management, including moves tracking, proposal tracking and prospect research.
- Create department and BGCMP queries and reports for project reporting and evaluation.
- Develop and document standard reports for department and BGCMP use.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of donor system capabilities and leverages best practices for use of BGCMP.
- Manage RE project schedule for department, data entry and maintain project requests.
- Design systems to identify new major donor prospects, utilizing all resources available.
Management of Database & Donor Relations
- Manage/Direct all aspects of the BGCMP’s donor database and its interaction with department and staff.
- Coordinate and performs a wide variety of support and administrative services for all fundraising programs, including centralized gift and pledge processing, generation of receipts and acknowledgments, biographical data maintenance, production and mailing services.
- Monitor day-to-day operation of the database, establishes user security, maintains support tables, and performs necessary technical adjustments and upgrades.
- Develop and conducts on-going educational programs for staff.
- Develop, document and review administrative and technical policies and procedures.
- Direct the planning and implementation of all software/database upgrades.
- Serve as Network expert and liaison reviewing all requests for Raisers Edge assistance and support.
- Manages/Directs ongoing donor recognition and stewardship of BGCMP.
- Oversee donor recognition and steward ship deliverables.
- Oversee maintenance of local, regional and national business contacts.
- Facilitate use of demographic screening results and proprietary applications
- Generate thank you letters for all direct response and unsolicited donors for signature by key management.
- Coordinate all elements of donor recognition such as; Thank You calling program.
- Increases the capacity of Foundation results through website development and enhancements.
- Monitor and report on website utilization and giving.
- Monitor requests for information from website for Marketing Department.
- Provide competitive research on competitor’s fundraising sites.
- Assist in developing and upgrading content for the BGCMP’s website.
- Maintain and monitor all online giving sites within the website, including event registration sites.
Support Fundraising Programs and Events
- Provides general support to fundraising programs and special events.
- Support major Foundation events and campaigns by creating invitation lists and tracking attendance.
- Coordinate integrated schedule of fundraising appeals
- Coordinate e-mail direct marketing process.
- Provides support to BGCMP and performs other duties as assigned.
- Answer Telephones, balance figures, compile statistics, compose letters/memorandums,
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, events and meetings.
- Coordinate mailings, develop office procedures, establish filing systems,
- Input data into computer programs, maintain logs and filing systems, manage database, proofread documents, and research information
- Use computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses and pre pare graphics
- Use desktop publishing software, word processor and develop crystal custom reports
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned