To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must spend over 50% of their time on these duties.
1. Assists Assistant Controller in the prep of Monthly cash flow report.
2. Calculates/analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, financial statements, and other reports to summarize the current and projected financial position for management decision-making; analyzes and interprets reports and records for other management staff.
3. Prepares and files the Quarterly Federal Cash Schedule with the HHS Department of Payments Management. The schedule reports the actual cash drawn for the quarter from the DMPS website against the authorized amount for each Federal grant.
4. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger and other accounts; documents business transactions; reconciles investment accounts, and accounts receivables; prepares journal entries.
5. Participates in monthly closing; analyzes general ledger details; prepares Power Plan Variance reports; prints financials and reviews for accuracy and completeness; prepares financial summaries for management.
6. Participates in audits of contracts, orders, and vouchers and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions; leads/participates in the annual audit process; performs special audit projects as needed.
7. Uploads payroll entries from ADP files into GL; prepared monthly benefits allocations and shared/administrative cost allocations; responsible for reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts.
8. Identifies and reports the need for implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures; upon approval, establishes, modifies, and coordinates necessary procedural changes.
Reviews Monthly variance reports and analyze the variance between budget and actual expenses; research and examine GL details of major variances and review with Controller.
10. Develops and administers budgets, Federal cash report, credit cards, gas cards, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE 1. 1-3 years of accounting experience. 2. Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year university required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS 1. Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance. 2. This position may require some travel. 3. Ability to work with minimal supervision. 4. Ability to handle confidential information. 5. Maintains patient privacy, including protecting the confidentiality, safeguarding the integrity and availability, and limiting the use and disclosure of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) to authorized individuals and entities. 6. Participates in, conducts, and sustains performance quality improvement activities according to designated role and responsibilities. 7. Sensitivity to service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics. 8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 9. Punctual and dependable attendance. 10. Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
11. Understands CII’s basic philosophy and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
About Children's Institute, Inc.
Far too many children are impacted by persistent poverty and toxic stress. Untreated trauma from neglect, abuse and violence can have lasting consequences on young bodies, brains and futures. Children’s Institute provides early education, behavioral health and family strengthening services to children and families in Los Angeles.
Our values are:
We believe in the boundless potential of children and families and work zealously to achieve transformational change.
We seek inventive solutions grounded in best practice and rigorous analysis. We are committed to excellence, impact, and sustainability in all we do.
We have the greatest impact when we collaborate with families, community partners, and colleagues who are dedicated to the success of the young people we serve.
We promote opportunity for communities hit hardest by persistent poverty. We treat everyone with compassion and respect.