Prospect Capital Management seeks an exceptional Senior Financial Manager to join our team. We offer the opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and fast-paced investment firm that has completed over 345 investments totaling $12.3 billion over the last 10 years, spanning private credit, private equity, real estate, and structured finance. Our Senior Financial Investments Manager position requires strong academic credentials, prior experience in highly analytical and demanding financial roles and a willingness to succeed in a challenging and competitive environment.
• Founded in 1988 and headquartered in New York City, Prospect Capital Management is an alternative asset manager with over $6 billion of capital under management
• Prospect pursues a diversified, yield-oriented investment strategy leveraging our expertise in direct lending, sponsor finance, online lending, consumer credit, and structured credit. We also pursue control-oriented private equity investments in middle-market businesses and real estate
• We have a long-term, value-oriented approach that employs fundamental bottoms-up research to identify investments that offer an attractive risk/reward proposition
• Firm culture is a meritocracy that values entrepreneurship, intellectual rigor, perseverance, and continuous improvement
• Newly created position for an experienced financial senior manager to visit, review and advise on financial controls and performance of the parent’s investments.
• The successful senior manager must be adept at reviewing and advising a diverse portfolio of companies based throughout the United States and Canada.
• The individual must also be capable of assisting in complex litigation matters and due diligence efforts associated with potential acquisition or divestitures that may develop from time to time at the affiliated companies.
• Will work independently at subsidiary sites reviewing financials controls and processes and identifying practical and technical matters that can be easily conveyed to the senior parent management.
• The successful individual must be a team player capable of interacting easily with senior financial management at the parent and subsidiary level and with legal, accounting and tax team members; both internally and externally.
• Based in a possible home office— Texas, Florida or NY- depending on discussions with successful candidate. Travel will make up approx. 25% of the job.
• A CPA is essential; additional advanced degrees a plus
• Must possess a minimum of 10 years’ of accounting/auditing experience; preferably at a large CPA firm.
• Must be well versed in accounting technical issues in a variety of industries and knowledgeable of the tax and legal implications.
• Capable of working independently, including reporting to a Managing Director at the parent.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
About Prospect Capital
Prospect Capital Management L.P. (“Prospect”) is an alternative asset manager founded in 1988 with over $6 billion of assets and a 30-year history . We specialize in managing high-yielding assets for investors with a focus on preserving capital and providing current income.Prospect’s investment strategies are focused on U.S. middle-market direct lending, real estate private equity, and CLO debt and equity. Throughout our history we have developed proven and repeatable investment and origination processes that target sole / lead / anchor investment opportunities with a track record of success in managing investor capital through multiple economic cycles. Prospect has over 100 total professionals, including 50+ investment professionals. Prospect is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser with an institutional and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant infrastructure.