Temple University, a Division I member of the American Athletic Conference, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Graduate Extern in Video Production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Video Production Manager and Video Production Coordinators in the production of all athletic multimedia content
• Shoot and edit video content for OwlsTV across traditional and emerging platforms, including OwlSports.com, Temple Athletics social media accounts, in-venue video boards, and television commercial spots
• Direct and/or assist in the production live streams of all home events for field hockey, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, gymnastics, fencing, lacrosse, National Signing Day, and select home events for women’s basketball
• Create motion graphics for use in web, social media, video board, and live streaming content
• Act as game day liaison for Temple University’s School of Media and Communication’s streaming of select athletic events
• Fulfill all media, institution, and internal requests for video footage
This is a 9-month position (beginning August 1, 2019) working with Temple Athletics’ video department. Compensation includes a monthly stipend. Tuition and housing are not included. If interested, please email resume, cover letter, work samples, and a list of three professional references to Richie Raspa at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15, 2019.
Required Education & Experience:
An undergraduate degree in Sport Management or related field and acceptance into a full-time Temple University graduate program. Previous experience in video production is required (please note: this is not an on-camera position).
Required Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in video production shooting and editing.
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Experience with live event production, preferably working knowledge of Tricaster.
The ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
Internal Number: N/A
About Temple University
Temple University is located in Philadelphia, PA and competes at the NCAA FBS level as a member of the American Athletic Conference.