The Assistant Athletic Director for Business Operations provides oversight of accounting and financial reporting functions for the Department of Athletics. This position performs day to day business office activities including accounting-related functions involved in the preparation and maintenance of financial and other related business records. This position serves as a departmental liaison, performs clerical financial functions, prepares and analyzes financial statements and budget reports, monitors and reconciles all financial accounts and compiles accounting reports for various constituencies. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
• Oversee all financial reporting, accounting, and budget forecasting functions; aid in the creation and maintenance of fiscal controls and records
• Ensure all revenue, deposit and expense transactions are processed according to College standards and policy
• Analyze and prepare budget reports, statements and spreadsheets for internal and external use
• Direct the reconciliation of all sport-specific program and Department transactions, including purchase orders, journal entries, invoices, credit cards, accounting transfers, payroll and other College financial reporting services
• Develop systems for monitoring financial transactions and internal data used to effectively estimate budget projections and forecasts; assists with annual budget preparation process
• Review expenditure requests, including travel, operations and supplies, equipment purchases, and professional services requests
• Oversee reconciliation of all team and coach travel
• Provide annual review and renewal of departmental standing purchase orders
• Assist in identifying cost saving initiatives and creating operational efficiencies for all Department business related functions
• Recommend operational policies and procedures to include best business practices, guidelines, and protocols
• Assist with necessary functions associated with internal and external audits
• Prepare and submit annual reports: EADA, NCAA and Conference financial reports, post-season competition reports and ad hoc financial analysis reports
• Oversight of Equipment Room Accounts and Budget
• Assist with Departmental Human Resources operations
• Oversee ticket sales at home football games, postseason contests, and other special events
• Build successful working relationships with constituent groups on campus such as Purchasing, Procurement, Payroll, Human Resources, Advancement and Student Affairs
• Maintain knowledge of and operate within NCAA and NESCAC rules and regulations
• Manage relationships with hotel, restaurant, and transportation partners; Manage accounts in apparel, athletic and office equipment, and concessions
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and members of senior athletic team
Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Administration, Education Administration, Business Administration or related field required along with three to five years of intercollegiate athletics administrative experience. Working knowledge of organizational business systems, operational and fiscal analysis, relevant computing skills and strong organizational skills. Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration, Education Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred along with prior experience working in Athletics Business Operations.
Internal Number: S00631
About Trinity Athletics
Trinity College, located in Hartford CT, is an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college which competes in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).