The Northeast Conference, an NCAA Division I athletic conference headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, seeks qualified candidates for a Digital Media Intern. This 11-month assignment has a projected start date of July 17.
• Work in conjunction with the Senior Associate Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Digital Media, and Director of Communications and Social Media to execute the conference’s digital media strategy and drive fan engagement.
• Graphic design in support of the NEC’s web, social and digital media efforts.
• Produce video content for NEC Front Row and the conference’s social media platforms.
• Assist in shooting and editing video content - including the development of scripts and storylines - for conference PSAs and promos, Plays of the Week and highlight packages, weekly shows and recurring segments.
• Host on-air segments both in studio and on-campus.
• Assist with the general oversight and production of Snappy TV highlights.
• Produce digital media content, and provide support at NEC Championships and televised events.
• Assist in the archiving and cataloging of the conference’s video and photo libraries.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Candidates should send a letter of application, resume, links to a portfolio of original graphics and video production samples, and a list of three references via e-mail only to Ron Ratner, Senior Associate Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Females and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The Northeast Conference is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· In-depth knowledge and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects) and Microsoft Office.
· Experience in creating promotional graphics and infographics from scratch.
· Previous experience developing, shooting and editing video content.
· Live event production experience is preferred.
· Applicants must be detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and multitask, and display writing, communication, time management and organizational skills.
· Previous experience in intercollegiate athletics or for a professional sports organization.
About Northeast Conference
Now in its 38th year, the Northeast Conference is an NCAA Division I collegiate athletic association consisting of 10 institutions of higher learning located throughout six states. Media coverage of the NEC extends to four of the largest markets in the United States - New York (#1), Pittsburgh (#22), Baltimore (#26), and Hartford/New Haven (#30). Founded in 1981 as the basketball-only ECAC Metro Conference, the NEC has grown to sponsor 22 championship sports for men and women and now enjoys automatic access to 14 different NCAA Championships. NEC member institutions include Bryant, Central Connecticut, Fairleigh Dickinson, LIU Brooklyn, Mount St. Mary's, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, St. Francis Brooklyn, Saint Francis U and Wagner. Merrimack will join the NEC as a full-time member in July, 2019. For more information on the NEC, visit the league's official website (www.northeastconference.org) and digital network (www.necfrontrow.com), or follow the league on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat, all @NECsports.