Saint Vincent College is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant, Men’s Swimming / Women’s Swimming. This position would be responsible for coaching according to the rules and policies of Saint Vincent College and the NCAA. Education: A baccalaureate degree is preferred. Experience: Prior playing experience or prior coaching experience.
1. Assists in promoting the intercollegiate programs of the College. Is thoroughly familiar with eligibility rules and abides by them. Promotes a high standard of athletics based upon the athletic and academic philosophy of Saint Vincent College and the NCAA.
2. Assists in providing supervision of Athletic Department facilities.
3. Assists in providing supervision to secure and maintain athletic equipment. 4. Assists in "game-day" management.
5. Is responsible for scouting and recruiting.
6. Is responsible for assisting the head coach and Athletic Administration.
1. Serves on committees of the College, as requested.
2. Carries out special projects and responsibilities as directed by the Athletic Director.
About Saint Vincent College
Saint Vincent College is a residential, coeducational, Catholic, liberal arts College sponsored by Saint Vincent Archabbey with a current enrollment of approximately 1700 undergraduate and 250 graduate students. Founded in 1846, we are the first Benedictine College in the United States, now one of fourteen members of the Association of Benedictine Colleges and Universities (http://www.abcu.info/). Our campus is located in the foothills of the Laurel Highlands, a suburban/rural setting on 200 acres near Latrobe, Pennsylvania, 35 miles east of Pittsburgh.Saint Vincent College offers undergraduate and graduate programs that integrate a rigorous liberal arts curriculum with solid professional preparation. Our reputation for a broad, balanced and traditional education and commitment to academic excellence, community service and environmental stewardship stems from our vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Benedictine and Liberal Arts institution. The College has an outstanding faculty and staff who share a common mission and view teaching and student learning as our primary responsibility.