Gustavus Adolphus College, an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) is seeking applications for a full-time Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach. Coaching experience in sprints, hurdles and jumps mandatory for the successful candidate. This is a 10-month position.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a private liberal arts college in Saint Peter, Minn., that prepares 2,200 undergraduates for lives of leadership, service, and lifelong learning. Fully accredited and known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and is internationally recognized for its annual Nobel Conference.
In accordance with all NCAA, MIAC and College policies and procedures, the successful applicant is responsible for organizing and administering all facets of an NCAA Division III track and field program with a commitment to developing a positive student-athlete experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize and execute the administration of practices and game strategies.
• Recruit and retain academically and athletically qualified student-athletes. Meet with prospective student-athletes on and off campus. Work closely with and within the guidelines of the Admission office.
• Coordinate and schedule meets and team travel arrangements and all aspects involved. Attend meets.
• Monitor and evaluate academic performance of student-athletes.
• Responsible for the development of student-athletes.
• Coordinate the development and promotion of the program.
• Ability to generate additional funds for support of the program.
• Manage team events such as: fundraising, community service, etc.
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and professionalism.
• Actively cultivate and maintain alumni relationships.
• Ability to manage and oversee a budget.
• Supervise and train coaching staff.
• Ability to teach courses and/or assume additional administrative duties as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process our website, www.gustavus.edu/humanresources/employment to complete the online application. A complete application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Online Application
• Cover Letter
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three (3) references
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.