The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting and supporting the Head Coach in conducting the individual activities of the Softball program and fulfilling other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
Specific Job Description:
• Assume the responsibility of leading specific drills and teaching progression
• Practice set up and drill organization
• Involved with all organized team activities
• Assist with the implementation of strength and conditioning program
• Active on Social Media Outlets
• Assist with all recruiting days and on-campus visits
• Practice and competition film evaluation and breakdown
• Assist with video coordination and upload to approved vendor
• Set up and take down of practice and competition areas
• Assist with administration of academic program
• Work with individual softball players as assigned
• Assist with summer camps and other clinics
• Assist with any administrative work under coordination of Head Coach
• Responsible for providing on-site supervision during all practices, scrimmages, and events related to the program as assigned
• Responsible for exhibiting an appropriate level of expertise in his/her sport and to seek self-improvement by attending clinics, workshops, seminars, and other related professional development programs as required
• Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete
• Responsible for assisting in scouting opponents, including scouting reports and digital media
• Responsible for recruiting qualified student-athletes to attend East Stroudsburg University in accordance with NCAA, PSAC, and University policies as assigned
• Responsible for completing the NCAA coaching education modules online. In the absence of the Head Coach, responsible for assuming the responsibilities of the head coach
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
Experience: Collegiate softball experience as a head or assistant coach or high school softball experience as a successful head coach or assistant coach.
Working Conditions and Requirements: Must be able to travel for competitions and recruiting events. Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
*Priority review will be given to those applicants that apply by the posting deadline, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Additional Salary Information: *Priority review will be given to those applicants that apply by the posting deadline, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Link to posting - https://ESU.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=esu&id=3011
Internal Number: Req#3011
About East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
Located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, in the heart of the Poconos.