Rockford University invites applications for the position of Head Cross Country Coach, reporting to the Director of Athletics. The primary emphases of this position are to coach, recruit, and support the mission of Rockford University. Essential to the efforts of the Head Cross Country Coach will be the pursuit of student development experiences that are aligned with the vision and mission of the University. Evening and weekend hours are required for this fulltime position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Head Coach for Cross Country program.
2. Using an outcomes-based model, monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
3. Manage and maintain the budget for the program.
4. Develop policies, programs and services that minimize college liability in Cross Country.
2. Establish goals for the four competencies of the program review process: Recruiting, Retention, Student-Athlete Experience & Competitiveness.
3. The coach is expected to consult and use information from professional associations such as National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
4. The coach is responsible for special tasks assigned by the Director of Athletics.
5. Responsible for attending monthly athletic staff meetings.
6. Responsible for attending any scheduled athletic retreats.
7. Assist with and take an active role in departmental fund-raising.
8. Organize a minimum of one community service event with each sport programs.
9. Follow all rules and regulations of the NCAA, NACC and Rockford University.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: • A Master's Degree is preferred; however, a bachelor’s degree will be considered if the candidate has appropriate experience. • Experience working with student athletes (male and female) in a college setting. • Experience with NCAA regulations.
TO APPLY: Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
About Rockford University
Founded in 1847, Rockford University is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts institution located in Rockford, Ill., a city of 150,000 people about 85 miles northwest of Chicago. The University offers over 70 majors, minors and programs, a return-to-college program in management studies, masters programs in business and teaching, and several community education programs. Rockford University is one of only 11 institutions in Illinois with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter.
Our mission includes providing an education “grounded in liberal arts learning and complemented and extended by professional and practical experiences.” Our vision builds on the life and work of our distinguished alumna, Jane Addams, and many others in her tradition. Founder of Hull House in Chicago in the late 19th Century, Addams worked at the nexus of the major historical and intellectual currents of the day. In 1931 she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace. Our vision is to be “Jane Addams' college in the 21st century.”