Graduate Assistantships available for: Football * Swimming * Men's Basketball * Men's Lacrosse * Track & Field * Equipment/Contest Management *
Reporting to a Head Coach a graduate assistant coach is responsible for supporting the management of a varsity intercollegiate sport program at the college. Duties will include support in coaching, recruiting, practice and game organization and team operations, retention and administration. In addition, graduate assistants will serve as game management staff at assigned off-season intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
• Assist head coach in organizing and conducting practices and contests.
• Assist in the hiring, supervision and evaluation of student assistants.
• Assist in the recruitment of a diverse group of qualified student athletes for successful participation at the varsity athletic level
• Advise and direct team members, captains, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and team managers as directed.
• Assist the head coach with team travel, housing and meals with department secretary. Submit a travel itinerary before every away event.
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines
• Adhere to all NCAA, Centennial Conference, ECAC and sport rules and regulations.
• Communicate and cooperate with the other department staff in regard to program operations (sports information, sports medicine, budget, equipment room, administration …)
• Serve as game administrator at intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department.
• Accomplish other duties as assigned by head coach and department
Bachelor’s degree and successful coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience is required. Experience at the intercollegiate level is preferred.
About McDaniel College
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “ Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.