The Assistant Athletics Director, Communications oversees all media relations and social media platforms for FGCU’s NCAA Division I programs. Responsible for all Athletic Department publications including media guides, game programs, game notes, feature stories, and game caps.
Essential Job Duties
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Oversees media relations for all 15 NCAA Division I programs. Issues media credentials, coordinates press releases, and serves as media liaison to ASUN, CCSA, and NCAA.
• Oversees FGCU Athletics social media platforms and web page.
• Oversees all athletic publications including, but not limited to, media guides, game programs, game notes, feature stories, and game recaps. Ensures accuracy and consistency with branding.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to Athletic Communications staff.
• Maintains team and individual statistics. Ensures accuracy of files on all current and past sports teams, individuals, and coaches.
• Coordinates activities surrounding home athletic contests including hosting visiting media. Organizes and supervises required statisticians and table crew/press box staffing for home events.
• Promotes post-season honors for outstanding student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
• Recommends budget needs for the Athletics Communications office. Oversees the operating budget to ensure program alignment with fiscal allocation.
• Complies with all University, ASUN or CCSA (Coastal Collegiate Sports Association) regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, ASUN and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics. This includes the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test, if applicable. Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Sports Management, Communication, Journalism, or closely related field.
Five years of professional full-time experience in Athletics communications, public relation, or other relevant experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Sports Management, Communication, Journalism, or closely related field.
Five years of professional full-time experience in Athletics communications, public relation, or other relevant experience in a NCAA Division I athletics program.
Experience with audio or multi-media production, communications or marketing project management, graphic design, writing, photography, print layout and design, print production, or social media design.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Internal Number: PS668P
About Florida Gulf Coast University
In a little over 20 years, FGCU has made an indelible impact on Southwest Florida. We are a catalyst for the area’s economy and a cultural hub for the community. Our students enjoy one of the highest graduate employment rates among the state’s universities. Our campus and region serve as a living laboratory from which life-improving discoveries emanate. And our sports teams energize the entire region. Inspiring those who inspire others — that’s The FGCU Effect.FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer