Auburn Athletics is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Athletics Director, Compliance. Under the direction of the Executive Associate Athletics Director for Compliance, this position will ensure that the university complies with current NCAA and SEC rules and regulations regarding member institutions, and will develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
-Analyzes NCAA and SEC rules and regulations that govern member institutions, in addition to university institutional policies. Develops and deploys specific procedures of these rules to ensure university compliance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining updates and current compliance policies and procedures manual.
- Provide counsel, guidance, and scheduled formal training to coaches, staff members, and student athletes on NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
- Provide counsel, answer questions, and interpret rules and regulation for executive staff, faculty and others on an ad hoc basis. - Review ongoing university activities and plans, and determine whether they are in compliance and recommend changes and corrections as necessary.
- Maintain close contact with SEC and NCAA offices for latest rules and regulations, to clarify interpretation as necessary, to assess impact on Auburn University's athletic program, and to represent Auburn University at NCAA and SEC conferences and meetings concerning institutional compliance.
- Researches, prepares and validates various reports for assessing program effectiveness and presents briefings to committee members and senior executives regarding the program.
- Oversee ongoing programs and activities of the unit and subordinate functional units in collaboration with upper level management, including planning, controlling ,coordinating, negotiating, budgeting, counseling, advising others, and resolving issues.
- Investigates potential SEC and NCAA violations by communicating with leadership team, university general counsel, and any external counsel assigned by the university. - Work with specific sports as assigned in all Compliance matters.
- Complies with all applicable NCAA and SEC regulations in the performance of job duties.
Entry into the candidate pool requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and five (5) years of related experience in administering a compliance program that includes interpreting and applying athletic rules and regulations set by NCAA and SEC. Employer will consider advance degrees in lieu of experience.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and references. Only complete applications will be considered.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Internal Number: 28443
About Auburn Athletics
Auburn University has developed into one of the largest universities in the South, remaining in the educational forefront with its traditional blend of arts and applied science and changing with the needs of today while living with a respect for the traditions and spirit that are Auburn. The Athletics Department, in keeping with the mission of the University, and in a spirit of inclusion, encouraging diversity and equitable treatment for all, will seek to abide by the rules, to manage its fiscal affairs in a responsible manner, to educate its student-athletes, and to win championships, thereby bringing credit to Auburn and its people. The Auburn Tigers compete at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics as a charter member of the Southeastern Conference. Auburn fields 19 varsity teams with approximately 500 student-athletes supported by more than 225 full-time staff on the campus of Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama.