Position Summary: The Head Women's Golf Coach is responsible for all facets of the NCAA Division I Women's intercollegiate golf programs. The position reports directly to the Director of Athletics with regular interaction with the Director of Compliance and Eligibility and the Athletic Director. Duties include: Coaching of players individually and as a team during practices and competition; recruiting of top-quality student-athletes; match preparation; scheduling matches/tournaments; team travel arrangements; administration of operating budget; supervision of part-time/student assistants; conditioning program; fund raising, promotional, and public relations activities; summer camps; and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or designee. This position must be knowledgeable of and in compliance with all NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations and must display professional integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful golf coaching/teaching experience at the college level.
- Master’s degree.
- Intercollegiate competitive experience as a player.
- Successful head or assistant coaching experience with college men and women.
- Ability to recruit top-quality student-athletes at the NCAA Division I level.
- Familiarity with Northwest recruiting areas.
- Demonstrated administrative, public relations, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish good rapport and working relationships with student-athletes, administration, coaching staffs, university personnel, and the general public.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Coaching and administrative experience with summer camps.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Position requires working flexible hours and times based on the sporting event and recruitment schedules (weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.); ability to travel. - Must be able to demonstrate and teach the technical skills associated with collegiate golf activities. - Able to lift or otherwise move up to 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002247P
Posting Date: 06/21/2019
Closing Date: 7/5/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.