The primary role of the individual in this position is to provide administrative and coaching assistance to the head coach. Responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the program within the scope of applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represent the team, department, and university in a positive, professional and ethical manner; be appropriately responsive to community service, marketing, fund-raising, and media requests, as assigned. Exhibit professionalism in a manner, which is consistent with the missions and goals of IUPUI, conference, and NCAA.
• Assist the head coach in the development of a competitively successful team, which represents IUPUI positively and responsibly, and provides student-athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals. This includes developing instructional plans for individual student-athletes, student-athletes in various events/positions, and for the entire team; and within these instructional plans, addressing any special needs/issues as identified by the coaching staff.
• Organize and effectively manage recruiting efforts, as assigned, of productive student-athletes who have the ability to be academically and athletically successful at IUPUI.
• Assist the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student-athletes, to include counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship and personal matters, as assigned. Foster a team environment, which supports appropriate behavior and sports-like conduct of all participants.
• Effectively organize and manage assigned administrative responsibilities, which meet departmental expectations within the appropriate and applicable guidelines and policies. Represent the team, department, and university in a positive, professional, and ethical manner. Perform other duties as specified in the coach’s employment agreement and as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and one year of coaching experience.
Possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to be insured by Indiana University.
Excellent organization skills. Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently. Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information. Certification in CPR, first aid, and AED. Compliance with NCAA, conference, and university rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. The incumbent will have to be certified annually by the NCAA to recruit off campus.
About Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
IUPUI is located in downtown Indianapolis, IN. As Indiana’s premier urban public research university, IUPUI believes in the power of transformation. We are committed to providing educational opportunities that transform the lives of our students, our community, and the changing world around us. It was this commitment that was behind the merger of the Indianapolis campuses and programs of Indiana University and Purdue University—some of which are more than 100 years old—that won accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission in 1969, creating IUPUI.
We’re now Indiana’s premier urban research university offering more than 200-degree programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University. IUPUI Athletics is a Division I member of the NCAA and The Horizon League striving to recruit, retain, and graduate champions.
For more information, visit our website: iupui.edu