The Northeast Conference, an NCAA Division I athletic conference headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, seeks qualified candidates for an Intern for Events and Operations. This 10-month assignment has a projected start date of September 16, 2019.
Event Related Duties
• Assist with the planning and organization of Conference meetings, teleconferences (e.g., Coaches, Administrators, Presidents, SAAC) and events (e.g., championships, banquets, media related events)
• Coordinate the preparation and distribution of meeting/event materials
• Communicate with the membership relative to meeting/event details and arrangements (e.g. Administrators, Presidents’ Assistants, Compliance, SAAC)
• Administer the NEC SAAC philanthropic initiatives
Operations Related Duties
• Provide administrative assistance to the Commissioner and other staff members as needed
• Take minutes for selected Conference meetings
• Assist with NCAA compliance-related activities (e.g. education, legislative votes, medical hardships, National Letter of Intent program)
• Assist with office management for the Conference
• Assist the Sports Services staff with any assigned activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of marketing initiatives and related projects
Candidates should send a letter of application, resume and a list of three references via e-mail only to Andrew Alia, Associate Commissioner at email@example.com. A review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to apply is July 17.
Bachelor's Degree required
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented
Applicants must be able to work independently and multitask, and possess strong time management and organizational skills
Knowledge of related software, including experience working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Additional Salary Information: $2,000 per month.
About Northeast Conference
Now entering its 39th year, the Northeast Conference is an NCAA Division I collegiate athletic association consisting of 11 institutions of higher learning located throughout seven states. Media coverage of the NEC extends to four of the largest markets in the United States - New York (#1), Boston (#9), Pittsburgh (#24), Baltimore (#26), and Hartford/New Haven (#33). Founded in 1981 as the basketball-only ECAC Metro Conference, the NEC has grown to sponsor 22 championship sports for men and women and now enjoys automatic access to 15 different NCAA Championships. NEC member institutions include Bryant, Central Connecticut, Fairleigh Dickinson, LIU Brooklyn, Merrimack, Mount St. Mary’s, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, St. Francis Brooklyn, Saint Francis U and Wagner. For more information on the NEC, visit the league’s official website (www.northeastconference.org) and digital network (www.necfrontrow.com), or follow the league on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat, all @NECsports.