1. Oversee in-season and post-season competition for all MAAC sports except men’s and women’s basketball. To interact with the NCAA, ECAC, CCA and other sports governing bodies for these MAAC sports. To develop budgets and manage championship formats for these sports. To conduct site selection processes and evaluations for these sports.
2. Primary liaison to specific assigned sports/championships.
3. Interact and oversee officiating operations for all MAAC sports except men’s and women’s basketball. To develop, in conjunction with the Commissioner and the MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration, officiating assignment processes and fee structures.
4.Develop league schedules for assigned sports, oversight of secondary sports.
5.Coordinate statistical operations, social media and public relations efforts, and record keeping with the MAAC Directors of New Media.
6.Coordinate MAAC awards program and serve as staff liaison to MAAC Awards Committee.
7. Conduct coaches meetings for all assigned sports.
8. Interact with the MAAC Senior Associate Commissioner on matters related to finances and budgets for MAAC sports.
9. Prepare meeting agenda items for the MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration for issues related to championship operations.
10. Management and oversight of (2) Director of Championships positions, including assignment of sports/championships and other administrative responsibilities.
11. General oversight of all championship event staffing and coordination.
12. Annual update of the MAAC Directory related to sports committees and championship operations.
13. Annual update of MAAC Constitution, Bylaws and Administrative Agreements in areas related to championships and officiating.
14. Assist in the operation and coordination of all MAAC hosted NCAA Championships.
15. Assist in the coordination of MAAC Championships Awards Show and broadcasting.
16. Serve as a member of the MAAC Senior Staff.
17. Other duties as assigned by Commissioner & Senior Associate Commissioner.
**Please submit letter of interest, resume, and three references to Senior Associate Commissioner, Jessica Hegmann Grasso – Jhegmann@maac.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
About Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
The MAAC is an NCAA Division I Conference located in Edison, New Jersey. It is complied of 11 institutions strongly bound by the sound principles of quality and integrity in academics and excellence in athletics. Current Conference members include: Canisius College, Fairfield University, Iona College, Manhattan College, Marist College, Monmouth University, Niagara University, Quinnipiac University, Rider University, Saint Peter’s University, and Siena College.