MidAmerica Nazarene University, a premier Christian University located in Olathe, KS is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach. This is a full time 12-month position. Qualified applicants should possess a proven track record in leadership of student athletes. Candidates should exemplify the principles, guidelines and covenants of MidAmerica Nazarene University and possess experience in administration at the intercollegiate level. In addition, candidates should possess leadership skills, demonstrate a commitment to the highest ideals of sportsmanship and academics, as well as developing and maintaining a positive student-athlete experience.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program, including adherence and enforcement of all departmental policies and procedures, as well as University, Conference and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Coach student-athletes with primary focus on the jumps and multi’s and/or sprints, hurdles and relays within the Track & Field/Cross Country program, assist in other roles as directed by the head coach, meet regularly and help student athletes grow in their academic, personal and spiritual lives
- Provide assistance with academic progress of the team by coordinating the study hall efforts, working with the professors, players and head coach to ensure each student athlete is achieving success in the classroom.
- Provide for the safety and welfare of team members at all fitness levels working closely with the athletic training staff to ensure all student-athletes have had physical exams, proof of health insurance and their athletic training needs have been met.
- Recruit and retain outstanding student-athletes to the MNU Track & Field/Cross Country program who excel academically; coordinate contacts with recruits and their families; yearly recruitment goals set by the head coach and the university.
- Attend athletic staff meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings, as requested.
- Represent the athletic department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events as requested; assist with coordinating community service projects, leadership training, and outreach activities as part of the NAIA’s Champions of Character program.
- Supervise other assistant or graduate assistant coaches, as requested.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Other duties as appointed by the Director of Track and Field.
Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. Two to five years of collegiate playing and/or coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, and recruiting skills is preferred.
Read the university’s full Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement at www.mnu.edu/jobs.
About MidAmerica Nazarene University
MNU is located on a 105-acre campus in Olathe: the fifth-largest city in the state of Kansas. More than 60% of traditional undergraduate students live on campus in our 9 residence halls. The 10 academic buildings across campus include the 40,000 square foot Bell Cultural Events Center, a state-of-the-art Virtual Patient Center and Simulation Nursing Studio and our newly remodeled Mabee Learning Commons. We are a Christian university that nurtures Christlike community, pursues academic excellence and cultivates a passion to serve. These commitments are rooted in three of our most enduring values. PIONEERING SPIRIT - Innovation both inside and outside the classroom creates hands-on learning opportunities in each major. PURPOSEFUL LIVES - We believe God created you to serve a unique purpose; we will help you discover your calling and pursue your career. PASSION TO SERVE - Here you’ll find a total commitment to servant leadership: students serve the needs of others around our city, country and world.MNU is a NAIA institution located in southwest Kansas City and competes in the Heart Of America Athletic Conference.