•Leading, managing and developing a large multi-functional team of athletics and wellness professionals providing exceptional service to members and resort guests;
•Representing all sports outlets on committees and at outreach events; promoting and supporting all activities of the resort’s recreational sports and wellness outlets;
•Leading all department staff meetings and attending appropriate resort meetings, is a member of the Boar’s Head Executive Management Committee;
•Working closely with the entire staff to ensure that membership and resort guests are receiving Boar’s Head warm-spirited service as dictated and measured by our Forbes service training program;
•Assessing all sports and wellness activities, including quality assurance, member/guest satisfaction, and administrative efficiency;
•Focusing on creative programming, partnerships, and events that generate more interest in the resort and membership and drive resort revenues;
•Anticipating member and guest needs, responding quickly and professionally to all inquiries and requests for information;
•Planning events on a large and small scale; working collaboratively on events and promotions with the marketing team;
•Seeking event partnerships across the resort, local community, and the University that will benefit the well-being of members and guests.
•Spearheading member retention and growth campaigns, including regular follow-up with all new members after enrollment;
•Forecasting and managing departmental expenses and revenues;
•Recommending and developing all sports collateral and other marketing campaigns, in collaboration with the sports and wellness teams and the Director of Sales & Marketing.
•Providing special events support and guidance for membership-related functions.
•Possessing comprehensive knowledge of resort and area attractions, the ability to effortlessly provide a quality guest experience and to encourage both cross-promotion/sales of related products and company services/activities/products across the complex.
Boar’s Head Resort is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Sports & Wellness. The position will provide strategic direction to drive a comprehensive and holistic effort to enhance health and wellness programming for members, overnight resort guests, and the local community. The Director will be charged with expanding the Resort Sports and Wellness mission beyond the doors of our world class sports complex through events and partnerships and by drawing in new users (members and resort guests) to our facilities and programs.
About Boar's Head Resort
About Boar's Head Resort
Boar's Head Resort is the only AAA 4 Diamond resort in all of Charlottesville, VA. We are the best of the best when it comes to a destination resort, steeped in history and tradition with some of the finest facilities and amenities around. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, the resort offers a unique focus on wellness, athletics and outdoor activities, while encouraging the enjoyment of our bucolic natural surroundings. Our state-of-the-art sports club combined with a renovated golf course (opening in the spring of 2020) and an on-site spa provide lasting wellness opportunities for Charlottesville-area individuals, families and hotel guests. Members and guests of the Boar's Head Sports Club delight in first-class facilities ideal for all fitness types.
This club and partner facilities provide an array of amazing options:
• a state-of-the-art fitness center with more than 50 weekly programs;
• one of the most highly rated squash facilities (33,000 square-foot venue) in the world, featuring 12 single and 2 doubles courts and 2 showcase courts,;
• a top 25 rated tennis resort (worldwide), featuring 14 outdoor courts includ...ing hard and clay surfaces and 12 deco-turf indoor courts;
• three outdoor pools supporting members, guests and the area’s largest youth swim team/program;
• indoor gymnasium with basketball courts and rock-climbing walls;
• a Davis Love III designed golf course with 18 new holes, a par-3 short course and putting course;
• A state-of-the-art indoor golf studio that provides the latest technology for golfers of all skill levels to practice, learn or socialize in a year-round indoor setting; and
• an on-site spa focusing on the essentials of wellbeing and natural preventative healing.