The University of New Mexico Athletics Department, a Division 1 Mountain West institution, seeks a Head Coach to direct, oversee, and manage all aspects of the Women's Swimming program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of the University, Conference, and the NCAA. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at the University of New Mexico in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coach, instruct, and mentor student-athletes while planning and managing team practice, scheduling, and more.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Hire, supervise, and develop assistant coaches.
- Represent the Women's Swimming program to various external constituencies including students, parents, media, donors, and the general public.
- Manage daily operations of the Swimming program including all administrative and financial operations of the program.
- Participate in fundraising and community events as well as promotion and marketing opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Mountain West, and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
- Serve as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Cleary Act.
Benefits Eligble: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Department: Athletics Womens Swimming (925H6)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Contract
Benefits Eligible: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Background Check Required: Yes
For Best Consideration Date: 8/2/2019
Application Instructions: Please complete an application and include a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, address how your experience meets the requirements and preferences for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; minimum directly related experience requirement is determined by the VP for Athletics.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: The successful candidate's demonstrated experience should reflect the following:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills acquired as an NCAA-level coach.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the sport.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.