Assist in all aspects of marketing and promoting Southern Utah University’s NCAA Division I 17-sport athletics program. The Marketing Assistant is a part-time (28 hours per week), 10 month post-graduate internship position. The Marketing Assistant will be an essential member of the department’s external operations staff with an emphasis on maximizing fan engagement, ticket sales, and branding efforts.
1. Assist the SUU Athletic Marketing staff in the development, coordination and implementation of marketing and promotional efforts for each Division I sport on campus with specific focus on a few assigned sports, including but not limited to: a. Preparing the marketing and promotions schedule for home events b. Scheduling national anthem performers and in-game entertainment c. Collaborating with coaches to identify and implement grassroots marketing activities d. Designing promotional graphics for use in email marketing, digital and social media platforms e. Directing game entertainment by producing game scripts, assembling music playlists and managing marketing displays f. Support ticket sales and fan entertainment strategies for the Southern Utah football, gymnastics, men’s and women’s basketball programs 2. Assist with the management of key marketing platforms such as student fan clubs 3. Utilize official social media outlets to engage fans by delivering entertaining and informative content 4. Coordinate the fulfillment of sponsorship, development, ticketing and merchandise needs to help maximize all revenue sources 5. Cultivate relationships with campus and community organizations to increase local support of all SUU athletic programs 6. Other duties as assigned
Education, Training and Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, business administration or related field.
2. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
3. Experience with creating and managing game timing & scripts.
4. Experience with the planning and execution of marketing events.
5. Good human relation and organizational skills; desire to be creative and grow with a rapidly changing and developing athletic program.
1. Experience with graphic design
2. Experience with creating and managing game timing & scripts
3. Experience with the planning and execution of marketing events.
4. Basic understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and use of computer based applications.
6. The ability to work a non-standard work week including nights, weekends & holidays.
1. Previous social media experience preferred.
2. Ability to work well with public, administration and students. Customer service and/or marketing experience preferred.
3. Prior athletic marketing experience, Adobe Creative Suite skills, audio/video editing skills, social media and public relations experience preferred.
4. Experience working with communications and development preferred.