In an effort to expand its donor operations and donor base, the ProMedica philanthropy team is seeking to engage an experienced Regional Major Gifts Officer in each of the following areas:
• Philadelphia/New Jersey/Delaware
In each region, the position will be responsible for closing major philanthropic gifts that help ProMedica fulfill its mission as a national health and wellness nonprofit. The Regional Major Gifts Officer will generate leads and meet directly with qualified prospects for the purposes of cultivating and soliciting gifts. This position involves a high level of activity, including travel throughout the assigned area and attendance at events.
• Spends 80% of time meeting with donors/prospects to convey the ProMedica mission and talk about specific projects of interest to the donor.
• Develops and submits qualified gift proposals to donor prospects.
• Coordinates visits and meetings with ProMedica corporate and foundation leaders.
• Coordinates events with ProMedica facilities in the assigned region.
• Records all donor/prospect calls, meetings, proposals and other actions in a timely manner in the Raiser’s Edge system.
• A bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in face-to-face fundraising, sales or business.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospects.
• High personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to manage an independent work schedule to achieve activity and gift closure goals.
• Self-starter with the ability to travel. Must be comfortable with and accountable for working from home.
• Ability to attend trainings (including a week-long onboarding) at ProMedica headquarters in Toledo, Ohio.
• Ability to quickly learn about ProMedica programs and projects.
About ProMedica Health System
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit promedica.org/aboutus.