This position provides strategic direction and leadership for administration of sports and other key areas within the Athletics Department. Executive staff member of the Athletic Director's Senior Management Team responsible for a $150 million, 23 sport NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletic Program.
Sports Oversight and Administration:
* Responsible for the oversight of assigned sports teams, administrative areas and department initiatives; including policy development, personnel oversight, budget planning and ongoing staff development
* Serve as liaison to various constituencies including, but not limited to, B1G conference, NCAA, and campus administration
* Work directly with department and campus administrative staff as well as external organizations to provide the best possible student-athlete experience and outcomes on and off the field
Strategy & Leadership:
* Serve as member of Athletics’ Executive Team responsible for overall success of the department
* Under the direction of the AD and Deputy AD, provide key inputs and participate in the long range strategic and financial planning process
* Responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives and projects involving athletics staff and outside constituents
* Establish, communicate and monitor goals for areas of responsibility that support strategic plans and department initiatives
* Model leadership competencies and behaviors that build an inclusive, engaging culture for our student-athletes and staff
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
* Partner with the Director of Inclusion & Engagement to develop and execute Athletics’ engagement, diversity and inclusion initiatives
* Co-Liaison to Athletic Board Committee on Equity, Diversity, and Student Welfare
* Act as Diversity Plan Coordinator for Athletics
* Responsible for cultivating relationships with both individuals and corporate sponsors/donors resulting in positive financial growth for the organization and subsequently bettering our programs and student-athlete experience
* Responsible for complying with department policies as well as bylaws, rules, regulations and interpretations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences with which the University may be affiliated
Other duties assigned based on personal expertise and skillset fit with current members of the Senior Management Team
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and five+ years of experience in collegiate athletics administration and/or related business management experience required. An understanding of NCAA and B1G rules and regulations are beneficial. Effective communication, presentation, organizational, supervisory, and team building skills required.
Conditions of Appointment: This is a 100% Limited appointment. Salary will be assigned within the appropriate range, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also included. Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received 11:55 p.m. CST, on the assured consideration date. To apply, please complete the online application here: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/503144/associate-athletic-director and attach a cover letter referencing your qualifications and experience, a comprehensive resume as well as the current contact information for three professional references. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in your online application, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
Special Note: UW-Madison conducts criminal background checks final candidate(s).
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Internal Number: 100913
About University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison dedicates itself to the mission of providing athletic opportunities to a wide range of students in an environment in which all student-athletes can achieve their academic and competitive goals. The Division strives to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and fosters the principles of sportsmanship, respect and fair play on the field of play. The Division sponsors teams in 23 sports (12 women, 11 men) competing under the regulatory guidelines established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Big Ten Conference, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA).
UW-Madison is located in the heart of Madison which is the state capital and the state's second largest city. Madison has a solid and long standing national reputation as a vibrant and thriving city.