The Assistant Athletic Trainer (AAT) reports to the Athletic Director and Head Athletic Trainer. The AAT will assist in all aspects of athletic training and is responsible for, but not limited to leadership in multiple aspects of time management, including budgeting, and facilities management. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
1. Provide athletic training services for intercollegiate sports, including coverage of home and post-season away athletic contests, evaluation and treatment of injuries at practices and games, design and supervision of rehabilitation programs, pre-practice/games preparations and referral of athletes to appropriate physicians.
2. Maintaining computerized medical records and submitting injured athlete status reports to coaches.
3. Assist with the planning, organization, coordination, and management of proper healthcare to NAIA intercollegiate student-athletes. 4. Assist with the overall operations of the athletic training facilities; and complete duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
5. The AAT will also be required to perform other duties not specifically stated herein but deemed essential to the operation of the sports medicine program as assigned by the head athletic trainer and Athletic Director.
6. Attend departmental meetings.
7. Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations. 8. Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
A bachelor’s degree in athletic training from an accredited college/university and from a CAATE Accredited program and Athletic Training Certification by the Board of Certification is required. Eligibility for licensure in the State of North Carolina and current certifications in First Aid, CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Heart Association or American Red Cross) are also required.
Montreat College is an independent, Christ-centered, liberal arts institution that educates students through intellectual inquiry, spiritual formation, and preparation for calling and career, all for the glory of God.
We are more much more than a Christian college. We provide a broad, rigorous liberal arts curriculum for traditional and non-traditional undergraduate students. We also provide leading accelerated programs for adult students, including graduate, professional, and online degree programs. Our goal is to provide higher education that is high quality, relevant, and diverse—united by a single, clear focus.