The Rams Club, the development organization of Carolina Athletics, is currently seeking a dynamic candidate to serve as an Assistant Director of Communications. The principal responsibility of the Assistant Director is to create, develop, and implement digital marketing campaigns to attract and retain members, primarily through social media, email, and web.
The successful candidate will produce creative and engaging content that is visually appealing, tells our unique stories, and is brand consistent. The ideal candidate for this position will be well-versed in digital marketing, customer engagement, and have a background in and appreciation for college athletics, fundraising, and the donor/customer experience.
* Candidates that move on to the interview process will be asked to provide a portfolio of digital content for which he/she is responsible, such as digital media campaigns, graphic designs, videos, etc.
- Help develop strategic communications plans for social media, draft daily social media copy, and coordinate social media outreach efforts
- Construct automated prospect and member email campaigns
- Assist with building comprehensive content calendar
- Assist with creation of marketing campaigns for fundraising and membership projects
- Create copy for promotional materials, letters, short pieces, etc.
- Design graphics for digital efforts and other projects as needed
- Film and edit videos for digital distribution
- Execute communications projects as assigned by Chief Strategy & Communications Officer and Director of Communications
- Serve as an active member of the Communications Team
- Possess ability to be collaborative and supportive of all individuals and teams within a team-based environment
- Possess ability to interact effectively with Rams Club members and prospects in multiple settings (phone, email, at events, etc.)
- Phone/email support
- Initiative assistance (i.e., reseating, special events)
- Ability to attend Foundation meetings, game day functions, and other Rams Club functions as a representative of The Rams Club; ability to attend athletic events in varying environments including inclement weather
- Must also be willing to work weekends and have occasional travel
- Must be able to drive
- Ability to see, hear, speak, maintain cognitive function at a high level and move about the office. Ability to lift 15 pounds
- College graduate, four-year degree
- Background in college athletics preferred, ideally in development
- Demonstrated command of social media best practices, social media applications, and content creation
- Previous experience using email marketing platforms, ideally Salesforce
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage a large workflow within time constraints
- Self-motivated, well-organized and assertive, with exceptional analytical skills
- 1-2 years experience in digital marketing preferred
About The Rams Club / The Educational Foundation, Inc.
The Educational Foundation is a fundraising organization that provides funding for athletic scholarships and capital projects at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC.