Colorado Mesa University Athletic Department, located in Grand Junction, CO, is currently seeking applicants for a Facilities and Events Graduate Assistant position. CMU is a proud member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and sponsors 28 varsity sports that compete at the NCAA Division II level.
Application materials: Submit a cover letter, resume or CV, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to Rob Courtney – firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicant must apply for, and be accepted into, a CMU graduate degree program to maintain position appointment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by Monday, April 6th, 2020.
Start date: August 3rd, 2020
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
- Assist with management of setup and event operations.
- Schedule event staff and volunteers for athletic department events.
- Assisting with the organization of all suite use and catering for suites.
- Handle cash, checks, credit cards and deposits for event management appropriately.
- Assist with managing, updating, and maintaining the University Tickets software; includes creating and posting events, sales and processing of all single game and season tickets.
- Preparing reports of ticket sales and attendance to CMU events.
- Assist with the scheduling of all CMU athletic venues.
- Creation of promotional graphics/flyers.
- Assist with management/ leadership of athletic department marketing team.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
**Qualifications** - Previous involvement in intercollegiate athletics event operation and facilities management - Knowledge of a ticketing system. Experience with University Tickets is preferred. - Strong communication skills and work ethic. - Photoshop experience is preferred.
**Education** - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Sports Management or related degree is preferred.
About Colorado Mesa University
About Colorado Mesa University:Founded in 1925, Colorado Mesa University is a comprehensive regional public higher education institution offering liberal arts, professional, and technical programs at the master's, bachelor's, associate and certificate levels. At Colorado Mesa, we take great pride in providing educational opportunities and tools that help students succeed in today's complex and interconnected world. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core that support students' interests and regional employment needs, as well as technical programs that respond to vocational workforce demands. Colorado Mesa is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. About Athletics: Colorado Mesa University has a strong winning tradition as a member of the NCAA Division II and the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. The Mavericks have more than 90 conference and regional titles. Currently, 28 Colorado Mesa teams compete in intercollegiate varsity sports. CMU offers more than 700 student-athletes the opportunity to earn a degree while competing at a top Division II institution.