Saint Mary's College is a member of the Division I West Coast Conference, and has teams ranked in the top 25 annually. The Graduate Kinesiology Program and the Athletic department are currently accepting applications for the Graduate Athletics Communications Coordinator.
Job Responsibilities - Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Sports Information office. This includes, but is not limited to, writing press releases, game recaps, and feature stories for assigned sports. Other tasks include maintaining statistics, record books, photo galleries, managing the athletics website, and photographing the athletes.
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned sports while aiding in the coverage of other in-season teams.
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for assigned home contests.
- Promote Saint Mary’s athletics through social media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Interact with local and national media outlets. Help coaches and student-athletes schedule and conduct interviews.
- Score games using StatCrew or NCAA LiveStats
- Produce game notes, flyers and previews.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
Position includes a $2500 scholarship per semester and hourly salary.
Learn more about the Graduate Kinesiology program here: https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/graduate-kinesiology
All applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 1, 2020 for Fall 2020 consideration.
Applicants selected for the position must be admitted into or in the process of applying to the Saint Mary's College of California Graduate Kinesiology Program
Knowledge of various sports and their statistics and rules.
Previous work with Adobe Creative Cloud, preferred.
Ability to work weekends, nights and odd hours
Previous writing experience, especially within the sports field
About Saint Mary's College of California
Saint Mary's College of California is located in Moraga, CA.