The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, and coaching the women’s volleyball program within the rules of the University of New England and NCAA Division III rules and regulations. As the head coach you will be responsible for the recruitment and development of student-athletes and for supporting a culture that is inclusive and offers a first-rate NCAA Division III student-athlete experience.
• Plan, organize, direct, and lead the operations for the sport programs including budgeting, scheduling, teaching and coaching.
• Effectively recruit prospective student-athletes to attend the University of New England. Encourage applications from a diverse group.
• Plan and implement instructional practices that maximize the talent and potential of the student-athletes, while instilling values such as, sportsmanship, leadership and personal wellness.
• Function as a member of the department working together for common objectives.
• Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all University policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
• Demonstrate creativity, initiative, willingness to participate within department, professional organizations, and among other departments on campus (ie: alumni, intercultural, student affairs, institutional advancement etc).
• Responsible for equipment and uniform inventory, meal arrangements, travel plans, and coordination of facility use.
• Secondary administrative duty, contest management responsibilities outside of primary playing season and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree preferred) with 3-5 years previous collegiate coaching experience required or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Head coaching experience preferred. • Demonstrate ability to relate to, and motivate, student athletes and to work with a variety of University staff, alumni and the outside community. • Must have excellent communication skills. • Must be willing to travel extensively. • Must be willing to work nights and weekends. • Valid driver’s license.
About University of New England
The University of New England is a private NCAA Division III institution located on the beautiful Southern Maine coast. The Nor'easters will sponsor 18 varsity sports in 2020-2021 and are a member of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), National Intercollegiate Rugby Association (NIRA) and New England Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving Association (NEISDA).