Provides administrative and supervisory skills in the management of the Office of the Registrar. Oversees the enforcement of NCAA and UTRGV academic and eligibility policies for student athletes. Responsible for overseeing the scheduling and registration process and record keeping for the assigned student population or program.
• Manages all applicable duties in the Office of the Registrar for NCAA student population and program.
• Collaborates with Athletic Department personnel to effectively communicate student-athletes’ eligibility for practice and competition, per NCAA bylaws. Provides leadership in developing schedules, calendars, policies, and procedures for management of the assigned student population or program and the overall department.
• Coordinates the scheduling for all courses related to the assigned student population or program.
• Coordinates and communicates policies and procedures to students and departmental/college staff regarding the assigned student population or program.
• Coordinates student refunds, holds, adds, and drops.
• Attends NCAA rules meetings to remain abreast of rule changes and eligibility standards
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains positive working relationships with Athletic Department staff, faculty members, advisors, and students
• Certification of student athletes.
• Responsible for the submission of the Academic Program Performance Program report annually.
• Serves as departmental representative at various functions and events with other campus departments, organizations, and/or committees, as assigned.
• Resolves student concerns in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and practices.
• Responsible for monitoring and providing updates to the department regarding federal and state legislation, as well as institutional policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining the NCAA certification process and procedures manual.
• Works closely with faculty and various University administrators to troubleshoot and resolve registration issues. • Supervises distribution of registration information and materials
• Provide direct assistance to faculty, advising staff, students, and other constituents with policies and procedures related to their student record(s) from UTRGV, as well as archived records from UTPA and UTB/TSC.
• Coordinates processes with the Office of Student Financial Services.
• Assists with the planning and coordination of commencement ceremonies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Internal Number: SRGV4449
About UTRGV Athletics
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 in a historic move that brings together the resources and assets of The University of Texas at Brownsville (UTB) and The University of Texas-Pan American (UTPA) and, for the first time, makes it possible for residents of the Rio Grande Valley to benefit from the Permanent University Fund—a public endowment contributing support to the University of Texas System and the Texas A&M University System.
The new university is home to a new School of Medicine and will transform Texas and the nation by becoming a leader in student success, teaching, research, and health care. UTRGV enrolled its first class in the fall of 2015, and the School of Medicine enrolled its first cohort in the summer of 2016.
The shared history of UTPA and UTB goes back to 1927, when Edinburg College was founded. In 1973, Pan American opened a second campus in Brownsville, which later became an independent institution of The University of Texas System in 1991. Over the years, the missions and the identities of these great institutions have continually evolved to serve the communities of the Rio Grande Valley.