Covenant College, a nationally ranked, NCAA Division III institution in Lookout Mountain, GA is searching for a full time, 12 month, head softball coach to perform the following duties:
Discipleship of the students athletes in the program
Teaching and modeling the value of Christian competition
Recruiting and retaining quality student athletes who value and understand Covenant College’s mission and vision.
Overseeing all aspects of both varsity and junior varsity teams with a total target roster of 36 students athletes for the softball program
Hiring and supervising assistant coaches, including a full time assistant if target roster of 36 is achieved
Creating service and mission opportunities for student athletes to give back to the community
Planning, oversight, and administration of the softball budget
Organizing, planning and scheduling of all practices and competitions
Monitoring academic performance of student athletes and partnering with Student Development for discipleship, development and retention of student athletes
Conducting summer and exposure softball camps
Contributing and caring for the development and growth of the athletic department as a whole
If an Athletic Administrative Role is required within the Athletic Department, this position will be assigned by the Director of Athletics. This position will require that an average of 10 hours per week be dedicated to this role. Examples of possible roles include but are not limited to: game day management, intramurals, strength and conditioning, laundry, or student employee oversight.
Applications received by Friday, July 3 will receive priority consideration. No phone call please.
For full consideration please submit the below items to Dr. Tim Sceggel, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com:
Experience in coaching softball, collegiate level coaching preferred.
A strong understanding of and commitment to NCAA Division III.
A commitment to adhering to all policies, rules, and regulations of Covenant College, USA South Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
Ability to work cooperatively with other administrators, coaches, students and faculty members.
Good written and oral communication skills.
A strong understanding of and commitment to Scripture, the Westminster Standards, the doctrinal standards of the PCA and the mission of Covenant College as a Christian liberal arts college.
An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
About Covenant College
Covenant Quick Facts:
- Ranked in the top 150 in National Liberal Arts colleges
- Also ranked as one of the top 3 Christian colleges in the country (via US News & World Report)
- Rated the most beautiful Christian college campus in the world (via christianuniversitiesonline.org)
- Average ACT of 26 for all students
- 90% of students get in their 1st or 2nd choice for graduate school
- 95% of alumni report weekly involvement in a local church
Athletic Department Info:
- Since 2015, seven coaches have been named conference coach of the year
- Last year we finished 5th overall in the USA South Presidents Cup standings out of 19 institutions, and currently sit in 2nd place
- 94% of varsity student athletes report that they have grown in their faith as a result being an athlete at Covenant
- Winners of 6 consecutive institutional sportsmanship trophies from the USA South Athletic Conference
- 45 student athletes were named to an all conference team in 18-19 (most ever)
- The average GPA of student athletes is 3.21 (which outperforms non athletes)
- Student athletes graduate at a 7% higher rate than non athletes
- A recent study from the University of Minnesota ...ranked Covenant in the top 6% of NCAA Division III institutions for hiring female head coaches
Chattanooga, TN & Lookout Mountain, GA
- Chattanooga has been recognized as Outside magazine’s “Best Town Ever” award - the only city to ever win the award twice!
- Lookout Mountain is rated 83% safer than all other cities in the USA
Southern Living magazine named Lookout Mountain as #1 on their Top 5 Best Scenic Views list
- Lookout Mountain was named a top 50 road trip by USA Today