Reporting to the Assistant AD for Creative Services, the Assistant Director for Creative Services assists the Creative Services team with the management of the University of New Mexico Athletics brand and assists the creative services team primarily with graphic design, video production, and video editing. This position assists with video production and digital elements on game day as assigned. In addition, this position will assist the Assistant AD for Creative Services in providing oversight of the department's visual identity and facilitate/ represent the organization at informational meetings and events and participate in the formulation of internal and public information strategies and policies for the unit. This person will play a major role in the digital look of the UNM Athletics brand moving forward.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as primary graphic designer for UNM athletic department. Primarily works in digital media. Some print media designs would be required.
2. Works with the Assistant AD of Creative Design, and the UNM Athletics Marketing and Communications teams to implement compelling graphics on UNM social media that highlight our brand and create excitement and engagement among the fanbase.
3. Assists with video production and editing as needed.
4. Act as a leader for junior staff members and provide clear and consistent feedback to graduate assistants, student/part time workers and interns.
5. Plans and coordinates implementation of projects and programs to meet specific organizational needs and objectives in the areas of media communications and public relations.
6. Designs, constructs, and implements informational web sites as appropriate to the general communications, public relations, and/or promotional needs of the organization.
7. Provides support, and represents the organization at various promotional events and business/community meetings, as assigned or as appropriate.
8. Assists in assessing needs and planning and formulating the organization's public/media relations policies, strategies, and responses.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphics Design or a Creative Field; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· One year working in Creative Services in Sports Full-Time, Preferably in Graphic Design
· Video Editing Experience
· Experience with Video Production & Running Live Events
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop