The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with all aspects of the sports medicine/athletic training program for the university. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and management of athletic injuries
· Injury documentation
· Clinical instruction and supervision of work-study students
· Coverage of practices and competitions
· Interaction with individuals involved with university athletics and student-athlete healthcare
· Daily athletic training room operations
· Coordination of care for visiting athletic teams as needed
· Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in managing funds by staying within an annual budget and maintaining comprehensive inventory of supplies
· Maintain upkeep and safeguarding of modalities
· Other duties that may be assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
· Occasional early morning and frequent late-night hours
· Weekend and holiday work as scheduled
· Out-of-town travel for inter-collegiate athletic contests (when possible) and meeting/conferences
· 75% walking or standing
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Exercise Science or related field
· Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Sports Administration, Exercise Science or related field
· Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification.
· Licensed by the Texas Department of Health or eligible for licensure.
· American Red Cross CPR-Professional Rescuer Certified.
· Strong organization, written, and communication skills; basic computer knowledge.
· Adept in interpersonal skills and able to deal with a variety of people in public relations capacity.
· Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
· Ability to supervise work study students in the athletic training room and out at athletic events.
· Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record. Obtaining a CDL Driver’s License will be required
Internal Number: 281
About Schreiner University
Schreiner is a private, primarily residential liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church. It is located in Kerrville, Texas 60 miles northwest of San Antonio. The University enrolls an estimated 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers 27 undergraduate degree programs, 9 pre-professional programs, 3 graduate degree programs and certification programs, 3 nursing programs, 1 military academy program, and 1 program to support college students with learning disabilities.
Schreiner University is an Hispanic-serving institution, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community.