Interim Head Coach, Men's Cross Country (Part Time)
Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics seeks applicants for an Interim Head Coach, Men's Cross-Country. This is a part-time, 12-month position. In this role, you will be responsible for all program management including coaching, administration, coordination and recruitment of a collegiate men’s cross country program. Focuses on the total development of the student-athlete.
· Manage and direct the men’s cross-country program.
· Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA and MAAC Conference rules and regulations.
· Lead team administrative planning and scheduling in coordination with the head coach of women’s track and field and cross country.
· Develop and administer a comprehensive training program for student-athletes that results in competition readiness.
· Attend team practices and meets.
· Recruit student-athletes who will be successful at Quinnipiac
· Lead community service efforts for team members
· Work in collaboration with Development and Alumni Affairs to foster alumni networks
· Other duties, as assigned
· Bachelor's degree required
· Master's degree preferred
· Experience may substitute for some of the above requirements
· 1-2 years of relevant work experience required
· Preference will be given to candidates with previous successful men’s cross country playing and/or coaching experience at the college level
· Experience in recruiting is preferred but not required
· Experience with the administration and coordination of a collegiate cross country program which focuses on the total development of the student-athlete is preferred
· Proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the national cross country community
· Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to work nights and weekends
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.